Adapted from The Essence of Chocolate
These gluten-free Honey Melt® lace cookies are thin, crisp, and buttery. They are delicious plain, but lace cookies sandwiched with dark chocolate are the best. Lace cookies are a treat with hot chocolate, milk, tea or coffee. These chocolate sandwiched lace cookies are also excellent served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This recipe yields about 48 single or 24 sandwiched cookies.
½ cup all-purpose gluten-free flour (see NOTE)
½ cup granulated sugar
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup old-fashioned gluten-free rolled oats (e.g., Bob’s Red Mill, GF Harvest)
1/3 cup Honey Melt®, soft
2 tablespoons heavy cream
4 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ounces dark chocolate, melted
NOTE: Gluten-free flour mix is 4 cups superfine brown rice flour, 1 1/3 cups potato starch (NOT flour), 2/3 cup tapioca starch. Combine all ingredients in a large ziplock bag; shake until well blended. Store in refrigerator or freezer.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and oats. Set aside.
3. In mixing bowl blend Honey Melt, cream, honey and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
4. Add in the dry ingredients slowly and in stages. Mix to combine.
5. Drop about 1 measured teaspoon of batter onto prepared baking sheet, trying to make the cookies all the same size. Place only 12 cookies on each sheet because the cookies will spread in the oven.
6. Bake for 6-8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Carefully transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.
7. For sandwiched cookies: Use spatula to spread one cookie with melted chocolate. Place second cookie on top. Repeat with remaining cookies.