Grilled corn on the cob slathered with Melt® is the perfect complement for a backyard picnic or dinner party. For this sweet and tangy treat, we blended Melt Organic with lime and honey and then sprinkled chopped cilantro generously on top. Grilling fresh corn in its husk steams the kernels, charring them ever so slightly. This summer favorite serves 4 to 6.
- 1 cup Melt Organic, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 dash hot sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 ears corn, silks removed, husks left on and tied
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Butcher’s twine, as needed
- Blend Melt Organic, honey, lime zest and juice, crushed garlic and hot sauce in a food processor; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat the grill to medium high.
- Peel the outer husks away from the corn without removing them.
- Remove the silk from inside the husk and then fold the husks back around the corn, tying the top with butcher’s twine.
- Soak ears of corn in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Place the corn on preheated grill.
- Close the lid and cook the corn 15 to 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes.
- Remove the corn from grill, cool slightly and peel off husks.
- Spread generously with Melt mixture and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!