This recipe is a fun, vegetarian variation for Brussels sprouts. It’s a perfect alternative to all of the heavy foods we have been eating over the holidays. This recipe is adapted from the Food Network and serves 4.
1 pound Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons Melt® Organic
½ teaspoon sea salt or to taste
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
½ cup raw pecans
¼ barberries (or cranberries)
- Thinly slice the Brussels sprouts by hand or in a food processor.
- Place the barberries in a colander immersed in a bowl filled with water. Soak for 20 minutes to remove any dirt. If you are using cranberries, skip this step.
- Add the Melt to a large skillet along with the Brussels sprouts, sea salt, and orange juice.
- Turn on the heat to medium and stir until the greens are bright and slightly wilted, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat.
- Remove the colander of barberries and rinse in cold water.
- Add the drained barberries and pecans to the skillet and toss to combine. Serve warm and enjoy!