Pure. Chocolate. Decadence. This Flourless Chocolate Cake made with Chocolate MELT® will make any chocolate lover roll their eyes in chocolate joy. You have been warned. This recipe was adapted from epicurious.com.
4 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened)
½ cup Chocolate MELT
¾ cup sugar
3 large eggs
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder plus additional for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375°F and generously grease an 8-inch round baking pan with coconut oil.
- Chop chocolate into small pieces. Use a double boiler to gently melt the chocolate with Chocolate MELT, stirring, until smooth (or use a microwave).
- Transfer the melted chocolate mix into a mixing bowl and whisk the sugar into the chocolate mixture.
- Add the eggs and whisk well.
- Sift ½ cup of cocoa powder over chocolate mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake in middle of oven 20-25 minutes, or until the top has formed a thin crust.
- Cool the cake in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes and invert onto a serving plate.
- Dust the cake with additional cocoa powder and serve.