- 3/4 cup (150 grams) sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (56 grams) MELT organic chocolate spread, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (40 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (40 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder pinch of salt
Heat the oven to 350F. Line an 8X8″ baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, with the paddle attachment on, beat on low speed the sugar, the whole egg and the egg whites until fluffy and thickened, about 5 minutes.
Beat in the chocolate spread and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
Gently, fold in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir until just combined.
Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan and bake in preheated oven for 20 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes almost clean (the brownies will combine to cook as the cool down)
Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into bars.
For clean cuts, use a sharp knife and clean the blade after each cut.