the key ingredient to a good life
We inspire people to strive for better, starting with what’s on their plate. Butter that’s better for you, your food, and the planet.
Believe in better
Small Team, Big Heart
Based in Boise, Idaho, our company may be
small, but our food has big taste. Our promise to consumers is to make high-quality food a part of everyday life. Food that makes all tummies at the table happy and healthy.
We source our ingredients sustainably and responsibly while keeping our packaging to a minimum. We are always looking for the most eco-friendly and fair way to bring Melt to shelves, fridges, and tables everywhere.
Melt isn’t just about butter. It’s about creating a community united around delicious and healthy food. Our products are for everyone to enjoy. We are the butter everyone loves, the butter that loves you back.
WE ARE THE BETTER BUTTER
butter without the baggage
Taking responsibility for the impact of our products on the environment is how we do business. We believe that by using only plant-based ingredients, reducing carbon emissions, and supporting sustainable farming practices that don’t rely on GMO technology, pesticides, and fungicides… we can start to make a difference. It’s our way of doing better via butter.
Recipe of the Month
Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into 1 to 2-inch florets
- ¾ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- 12 tortillas
- lettuce, sliced red onions, sliced/diced tomatoes, lime wedges for serving
- 2 tablespoons Melt Organic butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ⅓ cup your favorite hot sauce
Cashew Crema (Optional):
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked in water overnight
- ½ cup lime juice
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and stir until combined. Stir in the milk until you get a smooth batter.
- In a separate bowl, add the bread crumbs and set aside.
- Using one hand, coat a cauliflower floret with the batter. Tap any excess batter off, and put it into the bowl of bread crumbs. Using your other hand roll the cauliflower in the bread crumbs until it’s evenly coated, and place onto the baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the cauliflower.
- Bake them in the oven for 25 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, combine the butter, maple syrup, and hot sauce in a bowl. Dip each cauliflower into the sauce, and place them back on the baking sheet and bake for another 15 minutes. Serve immediately with tortillas, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, and a squeeze of lime.
Cashew Crema Directions:
- In a blender, add the cashews, lime juice, salt, and blend until it becomes a smooth purée. Drizzle as much or little as you like on the tacos.
- gluten-free flour can be substituted for all-purpose flour
- gluten-free panko breadcrumbs can be substituted for regular panko
- smoked paprika can be substituted for regular paprika