Believe In Better
Believe In Better
Small Team, Big Heart
Based in Boise, Idaho, our company may be small but our food has big taste. Our promise to consumers is to make high quality food a part of everyday life that adults love and kids approve.
We source our ingredients sustainably and responsibly while keeping our packaging to a minimum. Always looking for the most eco-friendly and fair way to bring Melt to shelves and kitchens everywhere.
Melt isn’t just about food. It’s about the community united around the food. The products we make are for lovers of cooking, baking, eating, and one another. We are the food you like to eat. The food that loves you back.
We hope to inspire people to strive for better.
Starting with what’s on their plate.
Butter and cheese that’s better for you, your food, and the environment.
BELIEVE IN BETTER
Taking responsibility for the impact of our products on the environment is how we do business. We believe that by using only plant-based ingredients, reducing carbon emissions and supporting sustainable farming practices that don’t rely on GMO technology, pesticides, and fungicides… we can actually start to make a difference. It’s our way of doing better via butter.
Recipe of the Month
Prep 10 min, Bake 30 min, Cool 1 hr, Serves 6-8
Cake Dry Ingredients
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Cake Wet Ingredients
- 1 stick Melt butter, softened
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 3 flax eggs (3 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal + 4 tablespoons water)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup cashew butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Buttercream Frosting Ingredients
- 1 cup Melt butter (2 sticks), softened
- 4 cups organic powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Make your flax eggs first by combining the flaxseed meal and water and let it “gel” up.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add all the dry cake ingredients and whisk until combined.
- In your stand mixer (or using another large bowl with and electric beater or you can whisk by hand) beat the wet ingredients, except for the carrots, on low speed until well combined.
- Add the flax eggs.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to form your cake batter.
- Turn the beater off, then stir in the carrots with a spatula.
- Next, grease 3 6-inch cake pans with Melt butter and evenly divide up the batter between the three pans.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Allow the cakes to cool for 10 minutes in the cakepans, then gently remove the cakes from the pan and place them on a cooling rack to cool completely, about an hour.
- Beat butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add the powdered sugar little bits at a time.
- Finally add the vanilla and cinnamon and beat until buttercream is smooth.
Spread a full helping of the buttercream over one cake, then place another cake on top, spread another large helping of buttercream over the top of that cake and finally top with the last cake. Then, frost the entire cake carefully until all the frosting is used. Piping is optional. Garnish with chopped walnuts if desired. Keep stored in the fridge in an airtight container and let it warm slightly to room temperature before enjoying.
NOTE: the center of your cakes might sink slightly as they cool, but they should be baked through. If the center of the cake is still jiggly when you go to take the cakes out of the oven, let them bake for 5-10 more minutes, but be careful not to overbake as that will dry them out.