A RECIPE BY NOEGGSORHAM.COM
- 14 Oz Semisweet chocolate chips (60-70% cacao)
- 9 Oz Melt Organic vegan butter
- 1 Tbsp Espresso powder
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- 210 Gm (1 ¾ cups) all-purpose flour
- 40 Gm (1/2 cup) Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 Tsp Kosher salt
- 1 Oz (packed 1/4 cup) VeganEgg powder by Follow Your Heart
- 1 Cup Cold water
- 192 Gm (1 cup) Vegan-friendly white sugar
- 192 Gm (1 cup) Brown sugar
- 2 Oz Roughly chopped dark chocolate
- A sprinkle of large sea salt flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F. Lightly coat a 9×9 inch baking pan with Melt Organic butter.
- Create a “parchment sling” by cutting two pieces of parchment paper wide enough to cover the pan and long enough to hang over each edge by an inch. Then fit both “slings” into the pan, fully covering its surface. Set aside.
- Sift together flour and cocoa powder into a medium mixing bowl, then sprinkle on 1 teaspoon of salt, as it doesn’t sift well.
- Add chocolate chips and Melt Organic butter to a large, microwave-safe bowl. Place in microwave and heat on high for 45 seconds. Remove, stir thoroughly, and heat for another 45 seconds. Repeat, dropping the time down to 30 seconds after two sessions, until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir espresso powder and vanilla into melted chocolate and cover with a tea towel to keep warm.
- Combine VeganEgg powder and cold water in the bowl of stand-up mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or in a large mixing bowl with an electric hand whisk. Beat on medium-high until smooth, light in color, and frothy – about 3 minutes –scraping the bottom and sides with a spatula a couple of times to eliminate clumps.
- Reduce speed to medium and slowly pour in the sugars, going with the white sugar first and brown sugar second. Scrape down sides and boost speed to high for 3 minutes.
- Drop speed to low and drizzle in chocolate mixture until smooth. Replace whisk with paddle attachment and add in the dry ingredients. Turn speed to medium and beat until incorporated (~30 seconds), scraping down the sides at least once.
- Transfer batter to prepped baking pan, spread out with a spatula, and sprinkle on roughly chopped chocolate. Lightly press down to submerge chocolate then place in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and heavily “whack” the bottom of the pan against the counter three times. This creates flat brownies instead of ones with an indented center.
- Sprinkle on a few pinches of large sea salt flakes and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Place pan on a cooling rack and cool for at least 4 hours before removing (this is where those parchment slings come in handy) and enjoying. Store brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.