- 5 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp Melt Organic Unsalted Butter Sticks or Salted Butter Sticks (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp salt (only include if using Unsalted Butter Sticks)
- 12 oz. white chocolate wafers for dipping
- Natural food color dye
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt 2 tbsp Melt Organic Unsalted Butter Sticks in microwave until fully melted.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut flakes, condensed milk, melted butter, and vanilla, and salt (if using Unsalted Butter Sticks). Set aside
- In a second bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form (about 3-5 minutes).
- Fold egg whites into mixture gently until fully combined.
- Using a large spoon or an ice cream scoop, scoop about 2 tbsp of mixture and form into balls with hands, then place about 2″ away from each other on baking sheets.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until edges are a deep golden brown, but not too dark.
- In a small to medium bowl, melt white chocolate wafers in 30 second increments until almost fully melted. Stir until all chunks melt together, and separate into separate bowls to add food dye.
- Add food dye, and dip fully cooled macaroons into melted white chocolate (you may need to reheat about 10-15 seconds if the white chocolate starts to get stiff).
- Drizzle more white chocolate on top of macaroons and add sprinkles if desired.