Nut and Sunflower Seed Brittle
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp unsalted sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup agave syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp Melt Organic™ Butter Sticks
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coarsely chop almonds and then spread almonds and pumpkin seeds on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes, then sprinkle sunflower seeds over almonds and pumpkin seeds. Bake for another 5 to 7 minutes more, until sunflower seeds are golden (but watch carefully so they don’t overcook. Set aside to let cool completely.
- Combine agave, coconut sugar, and 1/4 cup water in a large saucepan. Bring mixture to a simmer on medium heat and cook until it reaches 275° Fahrenheit on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat, then stir in butter, vanilla, and sea salt.
- Once the butter melts, return saucepan to heat. Let it simmer until it reaches 300° Fahrenheit. Remove saucepan from heat, stir in almonds and seeds.
- Pour the mixture onto parchment paper-lined sheet and spread with back of a spoon until about 1/4″ to 1/8″ thick. Let it cool completely on baking sheet, then break into pieces. Let sit overnight without being covered or sealed. This will help reduce the stickiness of the brittle.