Savory Vegan Golden Potatoes
- 7 russet potatoes, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium sized white sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup Melt Organic™ Butter
- 1/3 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp. all-purpose white flour
- 1 tbsp. vegetable stock paste
- 1 tbsp. soya sauce
- Preheat oven to 400F and butter a 12 X 8 baking dish with. Set aside.
- Cut russet potatoes in thin, round slices and layer with drizzles of olives oil and a dusting of salt and pepper. Repeat till your reach around 1/2 inch from the top of the dish.
- In a pan, heat your olive oil for a few seconds and add your onions. Cook on medium heat for around 5-7 minutes, or until golden.
- Add garlic and veggie stock. Cook for another minute or two, stirring to avoid burning and to ensure everything is well coated with the flavor from the stock paste.
- Plop in Melt Organic™ butter and reduce heat to low. Once your butter has melted, add in your flour, and stir until the onions are coated with flour. Increase heat to medium.
- Slowly begin adding your almond milk and stir consistently to form a thicker sauce.
- Once all the almond milk has been added and a thicker sauce has formed, go ahead, and add your lemon and soya sauce.
- Stir again just before pouring over your potato layers. Top off with some vegan parmesan cheese and cover with tin foil.
- Cook covered for 45 minutes and under covered for around 10 minutes. Bring to a quick boil to add a golden-brown affect just before serving!