Soft & Chewy Strawberry Marshmallow Cookies
A RECIPE BY NOEGGSORHAM.COM
- 112 Gm (½ cup) Melt Organic™ vegan butter
- 96 Gm (½ cup) Brown sugar
- 48 Gm (¼ cup) Vegan-friendly white sugar
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp (packed) VeganEgg powder by Follow Your Heart
- 1 Tbsp Cold water
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 180 Gm (1 ½ cups) All-purpose flour
- ½ Tsp Baking soda
- 100 Gm Vegan-friendly marshmallows + ½ Tbsp Melt Organic butter
- 8 Gm (~ ⅓ cup) Freeze dried strawberries, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F, line two cookie sheets with parchment paper, and position both of your oven racks towards the center of your oven.
- Sift flour and baking soda together into a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together VeganEgg powder, cold water, and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- Place marshmallows and 7 grams of Melt Organic butter in a medium, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 45 seconds, remove to stir, and heat for another 30 seconds, repeating until marshmallows are smooth. If necessary, microwave for 15 seconds to loosen before adding to the dough later.
- In the bowl of a stand-up mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or in a large mixing bowl with an electric hand whisk), beat brown sugar, white sugar, salt, and ½ cup of Melt Organic™ butter together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides at least once throughout.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat in the egg mixture until smooth. Add in the dry ingredients all at once, beat on low until incorporated, then boost the speed to medium until smooth, scraping down the sides once halfway through.
- Add in the melted marshmallows, freeze dried strawberries, and mix on medium speed for about 10 seconds, or until the marshmallow is laced throughout. The goal here is to keep long strands of marshmallow instead of fully incorporating it.
- Scoop out a 2-ounce (¼ cup) portion of dough, form it into a ball, place it on prepped cookie sheets, and flatten lightly. Repeat for rest of dough.
- Ensure the cookies have at least 2 inches of space between them as they’ll spread out during baking; about 5 per sheet.
- Place pans in oven (one on lower rack, one on upper rack) and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven, rotate pans (thus ensuring even cooking), and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Note: when they come out of the oven, the middle will be gooey; that’s okay because they’ll firm up as they cool. If the center is cooked through when they come out, they’ll be overcooked once they cool.
- Transfer parchment paper directly to a cooling rack until completely cool; about 30 minutes. Enjoy while fresh or store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to three days!