- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into 1 to 2-inch florets
- ¾ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- 12 tortillas
- lettuce, sliced red onions, sliced/diced tomatoes, lime wedges for serving
- 2 tablespoons Melt Organic butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ⅓ cup your favorite hot sauce
Cashew Crema (Optional):
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked in water overnight
- ½ cup lime juice
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and stir until combined. Stir in the milk until you get a smooth batter.
- In a separate bowl, add the bread crumbs and set aside.
- Using one hand, coat a cauliflower floret with the batter. Tap any excess batter off, and put it into the bowl of bread crumbs. Using your other hand roll the cauliflower in the bread crumbs until it’s evenly coated, and place onto the baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the cauliflower.
- Bake them in the oven for 25 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, combine the butter, maple syrup, and hot sauce in a bowl. Dip each cauliflower into the sauce, and place them back on the baking sheet and bake for another 15 minutes. Serve immediately with tortillas, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, and a squeeze of lime.
Cashew Crema Directions:
- In a blender, add the cashews, lime juice, salt, and blend until it becomes a smooth purée. Drizzle as much or little as you like on the tacos.
- gluten-free flour can be substituted for all-purpose flour
- gluten-free panko breadcrumbs can be substituted for regular panko
- smoked paprika can be substituted for regular paprika