Have you heard of Bulletproof coffee yet, like me, you are highly sensitive to caffeine? Look no further: homemade Bulletproof Chai Tea sweetened with Melt® is destined to become a part of your morning routine. Before Chai Tea was commercialized in the US, I was making my own – Chai Tea couldn’t be easier or cheaper to make and allows you control over the caffeine content. I am highly sensitive to caffeine, yet this recipe is surprisingly energizing. (Black tea is considered an essential component of the recipe as a synergistic compound.) Makes 2 quarts of Bulletproof Chai Tea.
- 2 quarts water
- 20 cardamom pods
- 20 peppercorns
- 15 cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 Tablespoon loose black tea
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, grated
- nutpods dairy-free creamer – to taste
- 1-2 Tablespoons Melt® per cup of Chai Tea
- Honey to taste
- Boil the cardamom, peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon, black tea, and ginger root for at least 30 minutes.
- Strain Chai Tea into storage glass container(s) and place in the refrigerator.
- For a cup of Bulletproof Chai Tea, reheat 8oz. When boiling, remove from heat.
- Blend Melt®, milk, and honey to taste using a hand blender until frothy.
- Pour into mug and enjoy!