- 1 fresh pineapple
- ½ stick Melt butter sticks
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons canned coconut milk
- pinch of fine sea salt
- dash of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Peel, core, and cut the pineapple into rings or wedges.
- Prepare your grill for medium-high heat, or heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- In a small pot, add the butter, sugar, maple syrup, coconut milk, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Heat it on medium heat until the sugar melts. Whisk constantly for 5 minutes while the mixture bubbles and thickens. Pour it into a bowl and set it aside.
- Grill the pineapple for 2 minutes on each side, and take it off the grill onto a plate.
- Serve with ice cream and a generous drizzle of caramel!